Energy Advocate

Sometimes the best way of getting on top of your energy bills is to have someone in your corner, helping you to find a way forward. We act as an advocate for households across Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire, to help them overcome the challenges of heating their homes affordably.

Contact Us

0800 500 3076
Our advice line is open from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

Arrange to meet our Energy Advocate

Energy is complicated. For something that we all use day-in, day-out, many householders see bills come in, see direct debits going out and rarely stop to look at our meter readings, Standing Charges or kWh rates. What does a cubic metre even look like?

Our Energy Advocates are focussed on supporting and educating households to help stay warm, healthy and on top of their fuel bills. Through the process of securing a better energy deal, managing and negotiating debt, accessing funding for installing energy efficient measures, we hope to put money back in pockets and improve health and wellbeing at home.


Across Gloucestershire, our Energy Advocates are working with local inclusion services to make sure everybody receives energy advice they can understand. Our Energy Advocates work alongside teams from Inclusion Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers (GARAS) and Barnados to help you figure out your home energy and get your bills under control.

Our advocates reach out to residents via drop-in sessions, home visits and surgeries all around the county (Covid restrictions permitting), and will work with you closely to help you stay warm and healthy and avoid falling into debt with your energy company. If you would like advice on tariff switching, fuel debt, grants for energy saving improvements or general energy advice please get in touch. This service is fully funded by the Energy Saving Trust.

South Gloucestershire

In South Gloucestershire we have partnered with Sirona Care and Health so that our Energy Advocate can assist clients within the Active Ageing service. Their service users are particularly at risk of the negative effects of a cold home on health such as; reduced mobility, respiratory conditions, worsening cardiovascular issues, and long-term health conditions. Our advocate is already making big changes to peoples energy welfare, whether through a tariff switch saving £450 a year or an energy debt write-off of £1700.  This service is fully-funded by the Energy Saving Trust.

If you would like to make an appointment for an existing issue or can see a large bill coming that you cannot afford to pay, please contact our energy advocate in Gloucestershire via advocate(at) and in South Gloucestershire mikee(at), with the nature of your issue. They can help talk you through the best course of action.




Energy Saving Trust

Follow Us

Follow Us